2023-24 Volunteer Grants program in Cowan is CLOSED.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) close Monday 11 September 2023 5:00pm AWST
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 are available to eligible not-for-profit community organisations made up of at least 40% volunteers.
Funding can be used to:
- Conduct background screening checks
- Cleaning equipment
- Computer & office equipment
- First aid/health and safety
- Fuel costs
- Food preparation equipment/consumables
- Furniture and equipment
- Heating/cooling – portable, includes delivery and set-up costs
- Leisure and sporting (excludes items for the benefit of the organisation or players)
- Tools/power tools
- Training costs
- Transport costs for volunteers with a disability
- Volunteer engagement/recruitment opportunities
- Whitegoods and major appliances
First stage: expressions of interest
8 August – 11 September 2023
Eligible organisations in Cowan can submit an expression of interest to Dr Aly's office. To apply, please complete the expression of interest form by no later than 5.00 pm AWST, Monday 11 September 2023.
Read the grant opportunity guidelines before applying. Download the guidelines from the GrantConnect website here.
Please note: The Volunteer Grants program in Cowan is routinely oversubscribed. Submitting an expression of interest does not guarantee that you will be approved for funding. The Cowan consultation committee may also decide to nominate your organisation for less funding (or more funding) than you have applied for.
Second stage: applications with the Department
6 November – 24 November 2023
If approved by the consultation committee (made up of Dr Aly and local community members), organisations will receive an invitation on 6 November 2023 to apply for funding directly with the Department of Social Services.
These applications to the Department must be completed by 24 November 2023.
Please contact Dr Aly's office, by calling 9409 4517 or sending an email to [email protected] with questions about the expression of interest process in Cowan.