APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
Expressions of interest for the 2022-23 Volunteer Grants program in Cowan are now open. Follow the instructions below to apply!
Under the Volunteer Grants program, not-for-profit organisations which have 40% or more volunteer staff can receive a Commonwealth grant of between $1,000 and $5,000.
A Volunteer Grant is for supporting the volunteers in your group – it could be used to:
- purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers;
- contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs;
- contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive;
- assist with the cost of training courses for volunteers;
- undertake background screening checks for volunteers;
- conduct activities to promote awareness of, and increase participating in volunteering opportunities; and/or
- adapt practices to support volunteers’ safety in the current pandemic environment.
First stage: expressions of interest
9 August – 19 September 2022
Any eligible organisation in Cowan can submit an expression of interest to Dr Aly's office. To apply, please complete the expression of interest form by no later than 5.00 pm AWST, Monday 19 September 2022.
You will need to read the grant opportunity guidelines before applying. Download the guidelines from the GrantConnect website here.
Please note: The Volunteer Grants program in Cowan is routinely oversubscribed. Submitting an expression of interest does not guarantee that you will be approved for funding. The Cowan consultation committee may also decide to nominate your organisation for less funding (or more funding) than you have applied for.
Second stage: applications with the Department
15 November – 5 December 2022
If approved by the consultation committee (made up of Dr Aly and local community members), organisations will receive an invitation in November 2022 to apply for funding directly with the Department of Social Services.
These applications to the Department must be completed by 6.00 pm AWST, Monday 5 December 2022.
Please contact Dr Aly's office, by calling 9409 4517 or sending an email to [email protected], with questions about the expression of interest process in Cowan.