The Powering Communities Program is now open!
Under the Powering Communities Program, not-for-profit organisations in Cowan can receive a Commonwealth grant of between $5,000 and $12,000 to become more energy efficient. Uses for Powering Communities funding can include (but are not limited to):
- replacing non-LED lighting with LED lighting;
- installing on-site renewable energy and solar-connected batteries;
- replacing a non-inverter air conditioner with a new inverter-driven one;
- installing timers, sensors and digital controllers for electrical equipment and devices;
- replacing existing hot water systems with new solar hot water heaters or air source hot water pumps;
- replacing existing cooktops with new induction cooktops;
- replacing existing refrigeration with new commercial refrigeration equipment.
Useful documents to help guide your application can be found on the business.gov.au website - including a program factsheet, the full grant opportunity guidelines, and some FAQs. To ensure your organisation is eligible, check these documents before submitting an expression of interest.
Queries about how the grants process will unfold in Cowan? Feel free to call 9409 4517 to discuss. If you're ready to begin your application, fill out this Expression of Interest form and email it to [email protected] by Sunday 11 July 2021.