Under the Volunteer Grants program, not-for-profit organisations which have 40% or more volunteer staff can receive a Commonwealth grant of between $1,000 and $5,000. This funding is for supporting the volunteers in your group – it can be used to:
- purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers;
- contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs;
- contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive;
- assist with the cost of training courses for volunteers;
- undertake background screening checks for volunteers;
- conduct activities to promote awareness of, and increase participating in volunteering opportunities; and/or
- adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in the current pandemic environment.
Information about the 2021 Volunteer Grants funding round is available at https://www.communitygrants.gov.au/grants/volunteer-grants-activity-2021-volunteer-grants.